September 19th, 2016 - October 28th, 2016
Welcome back to another school year and to fall. The return of fall also means the return of our orchard tours. Here at Kapnick's, we would like to invite you out to join us for another exciting and educational year of school tours.
OUR TOURS INCLUDE: We will be offering two options this season:
- Tour "A" will begin with a yummy snack of donut holes and a cold drink of apple cider. The cider will be served in a pumpkin sipper cup, which each person will be able to keep as a souvenir of his or her trip to Kapnick's. The cider that is served during tours will be treated by UV light. We have chosen to use a UV machine as opposed to pasteurizing as it does not alter the flavor of the cider but still provides the same results as pasteurizing. We will still have untreated cider available for purchase in the store. Everyone will participate in a craft activity which has a mixture of educational and fun activities. We will all now load up into our wagons for a ride through the orchard and the decorated woods. The woods are decorated with fun, family characters .The next stop will be the apple orchard where everyone will be able to pick two (2) apples of his or her own. Lastly we will go to the pumpkin patch where everyone will pick their own pie pumpkin. Pie pumpkins are the perfect size for painting and decorating. The cost of Tour "A" is $5.00 for everyone on the tour. There is NO charge for teachers and class room aides.
- Tour "B" We will all load up into our wagons for a ride through the orchard and the decorated woods. The woods are decorated with fun, family characters .The next stop will be the apple orchard where everyone will be able to pick two (2) apples of his or her own. Lastly we will go to the pumpkin patch where everyone will pick their own pie pumpkin. Pie pumpkins are the perfect size for painting and decorating. The cost of Tour "B" is $3.00 for everyone on the tour. There is NO charge for teachers and class room aides.
- If you have time before or after your tour, our animals would love you to visit them. There will be sweet feed available for twenty five cents if anyone would like to feed them.
- We now have added a third wagon. This will allow us to accommodate larger groups at a time.
- Tours run approximately one (1) hour in length
- Tours will run from September 19th until October 28th. There will be no tours on October 5th through 10th due to our 38th. Annual Apple Festival filled with family fun. The tours can be scheduled for 9:30 am, 10:45 am, or 1:00 pm. If you schedule for the 10:45 tour and would like to pack a lunch, our greenhouse will be available for you.
- Tours of less than 15 will be combined with other small groups.
BOOK ING INFORMATION
ONCE YOUR BOOK A TOUR
- Call 517-423-7419 to book your tour.
- The best time to call is between 7 am and 2 pm.
- Please call us 48 hours prior to your arrival to give us a final count. This is required and will allow us to be better prepared with your snack.
- All cancellations must be made 48 hours in advance unless it is weather related the day of the tour.
- Parking will be available at the back of the store next to the greenhouse where the snack is served. the driveway circles around the entire store. Just follow it to the back and look for the sign next to the green house that reads "SCHOOL TOUR PARKING." Both busses and individual vehicles need to park in the designated area.
- New Billing Policy
- We want to spend all your time during your field trip with your students and not worrying about paying for your field trip and collecting money.
- We will be billing every field trip this year. You will get a billing form & a receipt for the number of participants from thru tour guide the day of your tour. We will send you a bill at a later date.
- We will no longer accept payment the day of the tour.
To come join us at Kapnick Orchards for an exciting and educational orchard tour call